Linear Technology's LTC3636 and LTC3636-1 are high efficiency, dual-channel monolithic synchronous buck regulators using a controlled on-time current mode architecture, with phase lockable switching frequency. The operating supply voltage range is from 3.1 V to 20 V, making them suitable for lithium-ion battery stacks as well as point of load power supply applications from a 12 V or 5 V input.
The operating frequency is programmable from 500 kHz to 4 MHz with an external resistor and may be synchronized to an external clock signal. The high frequency capability allows the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. The unique constant frequency/controlled on-time architecture is ideal for high step-down ratio applications that operate at high frequency while demanding fast transient response.
The LTC3636 and LTC3636-1 can select between forced continuous mode and high efficiency Burst Mode® operation. The LTC3636 and LTC3636-1 differ in their output voltage sense range.
- Wide VIN range: 3.1 V to 20 V
- Wide VOUT range:
- 0.6 V to 5 V (LTC3636)
- 1.8 V to 12 V (LTC3636-1)
- Output current per channel: 6 A
- High efficiency: up to 95%
- Die temperature monitor
- Adjustable switching frequency: 500 kHz to 4 MHz
- External frequency synchronization
- Distributed power systems
- Battery-powered instruments
- Point-of-load power supplies
- Current mode operation for excellent line and load transient response
- 0.6 V reference allows low output voltages
- User selectable Burst Mode operation or forced continuous operation
- Output voltage tracking and soft-start capability
- Short-circuit protected
- Overvoltage input and overtemperature protection
- Power good status outputs
- Low profile 4 mm x 5 mm 28-Lead QFN package
LTC3636/LTC3636-1 Dual-Channel Monolithic Synchronous Buck Regulators