The NXP i.MX 8M family of applications processors based on Arm® Cortex®-A53 and Cortex-M4 cores provide industry-leading user interfaces with audio, voice and video processing for applications that scale from consumer home audio to industrial building automation and mobile computers.
Highly scalable design options allow a single platform to cover multiple products. Pin- and power-compatible packages (all 0.65 pitch) allow a single PCB platform and utilize different i.MX 8M processors as product needs dictate.
- Multicore processing: quad Arm Cortex-A53; Cortex-M4F
- GPU: OpenGL/ES 3.1, OpenGL 3.0, Vulkan, OpenCL 1.2
- Dual independent display interfaces: MIPI-DSI (4-lanes); HDMI 2.0a
- Video playback: 4Kp60 with high dynamic range (h.265, VP9), 4Kp30 (h.264), 1080p60 (MPEG2, MPEG4p2, VC1, VP8, RV9, AVS/AVS+, h.263, DiVX), MJPEG - 8x8
- Audio: 6x I²S/SAI (20+ channels, each 32-bit @384 KHz); SPDIF Tx/Rx; DSD512
- Dual camera interfaces: MIPI-CSI (4-lanes each)
- External memory interfaces: LPDDR4, DDR4, DDR3L; Quad SPI with XIP
- Dual USB 3.0 Type-C™ with PHY
- Dual PCIe with L1 substates for fast wake-up from low power mode
- Gigabit Ethernet controller supporting AVB and EEE
- Operating systems: Linux OS, Android, FreeRTOS
- Temperature: consumer (0°C to +95°C Tj); industrial (-40°C to +105°C Tj)
- Package: FCBGA, 0.65 mm pitch